We have seen a few cases of botulism in processed honey, but it is very rare. There are a few things that you can do to prevent it, though.
- The first thing is to make sure that you only buy honey from a reputable source. There are a lot of fake honeys out there, and they may not be processed correctly. This can lead to contamination.
- The second thing is to make sure that you eat honey that is less than a year old. Old honey can contain spores of the bacteria that cause botulism. These spores can survive in honey for a long time, and they can cause infection if they are ingested.
- The third thing is to make sure that you eat honey that has been processed correctly. Honey that has been heated to a high temperature will kill the bacteria that cause botulism.
If you follow these three simple tips, you should be able to enjoy honey without worry.